Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 14- I was innocent once! :D

Listen to this song by Tracy Chapman



When I first heard this song as a 7 year old from the 89 Grammy Nominations Compilation that my brother bought, I literally imagined that the "baby" in the song was really a baby. So I'd take my doll and sing it as a lullaby to it. My brother, the 15 year old, who knew who the baby in reference was , would snigger in the corner looking at me. But never told me anything because mommy warned him against it .

But that thought and imagination stuck on to me. Years later even when I called my boyfriend later husband 'baby' , I still sing my toddler this Tracy Chapman song as a lullaby. :D She loves it and so do I.

5 comments:

  1. Sirisha, never was I exposed to Western music when I was young and it was in graduate school that I was slowly getting my "gyan" and now you are educating me. Thanks for sharing! I am loving this song now and I can enjoy the humour in the post :) The smiles are contagious. You have a smiling day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....baby. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shes got some really catchy tunes and her voice just resnates struggle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh baby baby :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the cutest interpretation of "baby" i've heard :)

    ReplyDelete

Key down what you feel , good or bad :) I love reading it