Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Swades!

So while travelling to work today, this song randomly played from my playlist

So if you have ever lived away from your home country and can understand the language in which the
song is sung, you know that the song hits you where it hurts the most, without fail! Each time, Every effing time..

Its easy to get lost in the fast paced lanes of work and life. It is easy to get used to the materialistic comforts. Its easy to get used to all things we don't have or we longed for or cribbed for back home. Its really easy to get spoiled by such comforts. But there is a but.

I can say this with 99% confidence that we never feel complete. I , for sure, have left a part of me back home. I cant replace that very little part of me with anything. The people I love, I meet online or they come to meet me often. I Skype my parents daily. I don't miss them emotionally.

I miss my country. I am not being patriotic. Its just what I am. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I loved to crib/complain about the noise,pollution, population,etc; I miss that! I have nothing to complain or crib about here. I feel I don't have any rights to complain. You can only criticize what it is your own. I miss owning my country.

My homepage is still stuck on 'google.co.in' and my news is nothing related to me anymore. The weather shows heat while I sit in sweaters shivering. Modi does something , but it doesn't really impact me. The inflation doesn't change my next onion buy. ( They are anyways really costly here!)

The song ends and the feeling is pushed back,just next to that empty space. No point thinking about it when I know, I like that hero, will not return. Maybe,someday. But for today, I ignore the feeling , numb myself and gush about how the traffic moves so smoothly and the pancake tastes so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key down what you feel , good or bad :) I love reading it