Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

J is for JalVaayu Nagar ,Bangalore!

Haha! I know I just wanted to stick in Bangalore and not at the letter B. :D  Also, to reason it out, that's the area I have spent maximum time in this city. So there!

Bangalore, this is the city, I first came to know as my brother's first Big Job city. The city which I didnt like then because it meant my brother would not come home after 4 years of being in a hostel. Little did I know, that the next stop after Bangalore for him was the Big Apple and he would never ever be back home. But I am drifting away from the topic.

It took almost 10 years for me to change that sentiment about the city. It was when I met  family from my husband's side whom I adore. So Bangalore now is the city where they live.

Bangalore,capital of Karnataka, is the First city of the IT boom in India. Most westerners might even know it as the city to which all the jobs are outsourced. :D

So here are the places I liked in Bangalore:

1) Vidhan Saudha houses the legislative assembly of Karnataka State.
2) Bannerghatta National Park: A must here is to take the Safari.
 

3) Lalbaugh Botanical Garden: Built by Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan  ,it houses the famous glasshouse which hosts the Annual Flower Show.It has the largest known Kapok specimen in the world. Bangalore is called the Garden City and in the fast urbanizing city , this garden reminds us of that.
Also must see is the Ulsur Lake and the Cubbon Park.














4) Bangalore Palace: Owned by the Mysore Royal Family. Does it remind you of Windsor Palace?
Source: @gettyimages











5) Innovative Film city: On the very expensive side, but has fun amusement for the kids.
Dinosaur World fun!

Have a go at the Russell Market if you like fresh produce and all the madness of wholesale buyers. I somehow look for these markets everywhere I go. Again, Bangalore has many yummy places to please foodies. My favorite place here is Mavalli Tiffin Room(MTR) in the Lalbaugh. Its also a tourist hube but has yummy south indian food. Also The Iyengar Bakery in Jayanagar is amongst a favorite haunt. 

I havent been here too many times to talk like a local and on most trips I have been to the  malls and the IT companies which are boring to blog about. I think I need to revisit Bangalore like a pakka tourist and hop on the Namma Metro and see more places here. I have to see the churches and temples the place is famous for.

This is my entry to the #AtoZChallenge 2014. I am having loads of fun reminiscing about my favorite places in the world (among-st the very few that I have visited!) . If you want to check out the whole list I will cover through the month, check out my theme post.





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and the palace is amazing. We can live so close to something that people all over the world love to see and we can take it "for granted". I live near Niagara Falls and there are things that I have not seen in years but I know it is beautiful to see

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, my Bangalore. The place I gladly call home :) What a lovely set of pictures, Sirisha! Sadly, Innovative has declined in the recent past, or so I am told. Hardly any rides and terrible food, I believe :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even i met my husband in Bangalore. We were in Mumbai before, now shifted here from last 4 years.

    I love going to flower show here in Lal Bagh, hope you had visited once and i was staying in Jalvayu vihar during my MBA intership/

    http://sinhasat302.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Key down what you feel , good or bad :) I love reading it