The city that you live in, doesnt really evoke many touristy feelings. It is where the life is routine and most of the time when you step out, its to run errands. But once, you are out of the city, it is then you start appreciating its beauty and appeal.
Hyderabad was where I had my first home for which I was solely responsible. It made me an adult, in all the ways you can think of! I came here from Bombay. If you know Bombay and Hyderabad, you know that the speed difference made me mad. If Bombay is lightening speed, Hyderabad is turtle slow. Everyone is a nawab( king) here. Things get postponed and it isnt really a big deal. Yes! It is a lifestyle to get used to.
The places I love in Hyderabad are:
1) The Zoo! The Hyderabad's zoo is the best in India. Its huge and well-maintained and constantly being improved. It is one place we used to go, every month or so.
2) The Golconda Fort: First built by Kaktiyas and later used as the capitol by The Qutub Shahi Empire and much later was with the Mughals. Anyone fascinated by history and opulence of empires in India, this is the place to visit.This is the fort which housed the famous Kohinoor and Hope diamonds. The fort is known for its acoustic system which is an engineering marvel for that era.
5) Lotus Pond: This was my oasis amongst the city cement. I used to come here before or after work to find some connect with nature. It is very close to the IT hub of the city , so was perfect for me. It is a small water body in the MLA colony, Jubilee Hills,Hyderabad.
7) Peddamma Temple: I am not so much of a temple person. But certain places have a pull. This temple is one such places.
8) Chowmohalla Palace: This is actually 4 palaces of the Nizams. The richness and the splendor of the dynasty can be clearly seen here.
9) Charminar: I think most of the people will think of this monument when they think of Hyderabad. But I have just been here once. But I always pass it on the road to many places and obviously it is a beauty.
This is the longest post I have done so far in this challenge, majorly attributing to having many pictures taken here. I am trying to use only pictures taken by me for this challenge :)
Also Hyderabad is known for its cuisine. Maybe I will do a separate post sometime about all the wonderful eateries this place has.
This is my entry to the #AtoZChallenge 2014. I am having loads of fun reminiscing about my favorite places in the world (among-st the very few that I have visited!) . If you want to check out the whole list I will cover through the month, check out my theme post.