Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar

I am no big Cricket fan. But I am an Indian. I have to and I have worshiped this man and learnt to whistle just to whistle at every straight drive this man has played. SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR. The name provokes more patriotism in me than the national anthem. I havent shouted myself hoarse 'India India' any other time than the time he was batting.

I havent unshamedly danced in a sports bar for any other man other than him. He is what LEGENDARY stuff is made of. He is the ULTIMATE.

I wish I could be more eloquent. I wish I could quote statistics and trivia like many Cricket buffs would. But  numbers arent really needed here,are they? He is the GOD and there is no dispute there.

I am no cricket fan. I am just a Sachin fan. I am not sure I will watch another cricket match apart from the last one he will be playing , his 200th Test match.

You dont have to meet the person to know him. I always have got this vibe from him that he is the most grounded , level-headed and humble human being. Arrogance is one quality never seen in him and I am sure even if he was, Indians wouldnt have minded it all. Afterall, he is God.He can do anything and behave anyway he wanted to. Period.

Look at other big stars , in other sports like Tiger Woods and Lance Amstrong , just to name two. The pressure of the greatness catches up to a lot of stalwarts. Not this man. That is why he is what he is and that is why he is revered.

This question asked by Telegraph is irrelevent. Please, Sachin is the greatest batsman of all time and for a long time to come. No debate.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/10369214/Is-Sachin-Tendulkar-the-greatest-batsman-of-all-time.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key down what you feel , good or bad :) I love reading it