Pages

Friday, January 04, 2013

Project52- Post1-My Hubby's Birthday!

3rd January 2013-33years old. A whole bunch of 3s.

I have never done anything special for my husband. I always thought he didnt like too much hoopla. But he does. Facepalm! Not the big party kind. But atleast a make-me-feel-special but not too many people kind of hoopla. So I was told in a not-so-subtle way.

So now a day to go , I have no hooplas coming to mind but I have got to do something. This is the man who used to travel 60 kms,  just to meet me for 30 minutes. Sigh!
We got to know each other first in May,2005. So the first birthday of his after that was in 2006. I don't remember what we did. :(

Then in 2007, He came all the way traveling the above said kilometers to meet me and I think I gave him a measly greeting card :(

In 2008, We were so busy with wedding preps that we didn't meet. I just wished him on the phone :P

In 2009, First year into marriage should have been special but We were at in-laws place. So they arranged something and I really didn't put any effort apart from buying him a Polo Tee.

In 2010,I was pregnant in my first trimester and too queasy to do anything. :((

In 2011, We went out to eat but had to rush back quickly as I was still feeding my 5month old.

In 2012, I was all alone taking care of my 15 month old without any help. I thought I did super just to order a tiny cake home for him :p

So you see my performance on his birthdays are abysmal. Why didn't he leave me still? I don't have a clue yet. :D

So here's me trying to do somethings that will make him feel special on his special day. I am not too much of a Displaying-Emotions-Easily[DEE] Girl . So this took effort, mind you!

A little wall work from his own new Printer(Gift 1) 










 The Cake that I baked which looked bad but tasted good. ( I have testimonials!)

The cake that was ordered from his favorite bakers in Hyderabad. Any Hyderabadi can guess where this is from.

Then the gifts in the form of many many clothes 
If they all look the same to you,dont worry they are nearly!




 I also made his favorite Batata Wada for breakfast, Vange chi Bharit for Lunch and Rajma Chawal for Dinner of which I forgot to take any pics :D We also went to the Birla Temple in the evening,of which we arent allowed to take pictures of.

Here is the Birthday boy finally . I hope he enjoyed his birthday!
The Mango Tee is my choice :P
So that is my first attempt at doing something special for my husband with whom I have had a relation for almost 7 years now. High Time ! Next time I'll up my scales a bit more.


6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of effort and hard work, he looks so happy. Happy 33rd to him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you seem to have made up for it this year :) I'm like your husband - would like atleast some celebration on my bday with just the family and have given husband many not-so-subtle hints and threats to make it a reality from next year onwards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeheee some people like us need some nudging!

      Delete
  3. Well you seem to have made up for it this year :) I'm like your husband - would like atleast some celebration on my bday with just the family and have given husband many not-so-subtle hints and threats to make it a reality from next year onwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) finally... iam d kinds who wants and wishes to give really special birthdays to my near and dear ones.. and lovedd every bit of what u did :) nice.. happy birthday to him...

    ReplyDelete

Key down what you feel , good or bad :) I love reading it