Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

5th Dec 2012 Let me tell you about my fantasy

This is the most random post so far from me :)

Is it weird that I sometimes fantasize about being a figure skater. I always have daydreamed of it and sometimes in the bathroom ,very dangerously,twirled and bowed to my imaginary audience.

The sport always has mesmerized me. Especially Ice Dancing where the man and woman dance as one on Ice. I always thought ballroom dancing was so tough , imagine doing it on ice. And the female costumes are to die for.

Funnily enough I haven't even ever seen an ice rink :) In a tropical country like India, this sport is mostly unknown. It never is aired in the sport channels . I catch the championships over the internet and YouTube.

Look at the following performances by my favorite dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir.




And even Bollywood has its presence in Ice Skating . From the video below I get that Aishwarya Rai and A R Rahman are Bollywood's best exports till date!

Aah! Dont tell me that after seeing these videos, atleast once you have imagined yourself doing it too. Nothing wrong in some harmless fantasy,right?

9 comments:

  1. Ah those imaginations and dreams about being someone... those are what we continue to live for. We should dream yea I want to be one mountaineering trekker one day. Rock climbing and reaching the highest peaks and finally the summit! Will I do it?hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah those imaginations and dreams about being someone... those are what we continue to live for. We should dream yea I want to be one mountaineering trekker one day. Rock climbing and reaching the highest peaks and finally the summit! Will I do it?hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess each one of us fantasize about something or the other. There have been times how I feel my present is a dream...haha..now that's a topic I can write on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this movie Ice princess and it got me to thinking, why was I not given an opportunity to know something like this. The sheer on the dresses, the angles, the movements and the expressions. Aah... Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've imagined being a figure skater, rock artist, wildlife explorer, moon walker, sky-diver... instead I'm a mom of 2, and rather thrilled about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fascinating Sirisha, I love watching ice skating too! We always need to dream, else where's the fun :) ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those 2 Canadian ice skaters are something man. They were so smooth, synchronized and beautiful across that ice floor Loved their performance and the music was awesome too. Makes me want to that!! Dream on girl, dream on. We all have fantasies and its nice to have a way of escaping to our happy spots in life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. talk abt it... i have 2 left feets and i love music so i always imagine that i dance like a feather.. and there is this imaginary audience that is totally bowled over by my prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that i have experienced one day in the snow, i dont dream to go figure skating but i do dream to wear those costumes :)

    ReplyDelete

Key down what you feel , good or bad :) I love reading it