Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Happy Deepawali from Auckland

A homesick me, just out of the country, already missing all the festivities this time of the year in India, needed something like this.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/Early-Diwali-for-Indians-in-New-Zealand/articleshow/24444877.cms

I want to thank the Auckland Council,Auckland Tourism,Events and economic development and Asia New Zealand Foundation for fantastically organising the event.
http://www.aucklandnz.com/diwali

I loved the various food stalls and the yummy Indian street food they had to offer. I would love to mention the mirchi bhajjis from the NZTA ( NZ Telugu Association) and the mango lassi from the stall Mango Bites. Also I had my cravings for Indian Chinese satiated for a while by the Bombay Chinese's Manchurian and Fried rice combo.

I havent seen so many people in Queen's Street together ever. It was an overwelming response and the atmosphere was as every mela/fest/event in India ever is, positively brimming with energy.

I loved all the perfomances that I could see, as with my toddler it was difficult to stay still in a crowded place for long. I must say 'Radha on the Dance floor' from the movie 'Student of the Year' was a real popular dance number on the stage for many participants. My current favority 'Nagade Sang dhol' from 'Ram-Leela' also played a number of times.

Here are a few snaps from the time I spent at the festival:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Key down what you feel , good or bad :) I love reading it